Upcoming Posts

11/12/2011

Fresh Soy Face Cleanser




1.7 oz 
US $15.00
         What it is: A gentle cleanser suitable for all skin types. It is described as a "multitasking gel that gently removes impurities and makeup". The main ingredient as you may already know is Soy. The soy proteins, "promote moisture retention, elasticity, and firmness". 
         Packaging: Soy face cleanser is packaged in a tube, just as many other cleansers are. Sephora sells the cleanser in two sizes. The full size tube contains (5.1 oz) and retails for $38.00 US dollars. The travel size tube contains (1.7 oz) and retails for $15.00 US dollars. 
         Verdict: This cleanser claims to remove all traces of makeup. However, because I always remove my makeup prior to cleansing I do not use this specifically for the act of removing the makeup. Usually I look for cleansers that are creamy because my skin is dry and a cleanser with a creamy texture will nourish my skin instead of strip it away. When one of my favorite cleansers, Aveeno Ultra-Calming Cleanser became harder to find, I started looking for a new cleanser. I decided to try a department store cleanser because you can get samples and return or exchange opened products. I was surprised by how much I enjoyed using this gel cleanser and how it made my skin feel. It did not feel dry. Instead it made my skin feel soft and clean. Just so you can get an idea of how dear this cleanser is to me, let me tell you that I have repurchased the travel size tube three times. 


No comments:

Post a Comment