Upcoming Posts

11/12/2011

Hourglass Femme Rouge Velvet Creme Lipstick in Fresco and Nocturnal


3.5g (0.12oz)
US $30


         What it is: Hourglass lipsticks are described as being "a lustrous, cream formula lipstick that hydrates and soften lips".
Packaging: The Femme Rouge lipstick is cased in a dark brown metal tube. My first thoughts on the packaging was that it is interesting and unique, but what caught my eye even more is the way the lipstick is designed. There is an hourglass printed on the lipstick, and the lipstick is slanted a bit front and back. These details is what makes the packaging so pretty and easy to use. There are also refill cathridges that are sold separately for $24 each. 
Verdict: Before I state my feelings about this lipstick I want to note that there is a noticeable scent when smelling the lipstick and applying it to the lips. I can smell it after a couple minutes of application, and then either it fades away or I just do not notice the smell anymore. The formula is really creamy and opaque. However, the color you choose will determine how pigmented it will apply onto the lips. The lasting power on these lipsticks is excellent, wearing about 3 to 4 hours before the color begins to fade. The lipsticks are comfortable to wear and not drying. I would not describe them as being particularly moisturizing, but they do not make my lips crave the moisture of a lip balm. Overall, I am very satisfied with this lipstick formula and I am looking forward to trying out other colors.
Fresco- is a softened pink color with no shimmer in it. It is probably best described as a my lips but better color, where it gives them a bit of a pink punch without screaming too loud. I think this shade is gorgeous for an everyday look, natural look or when you wear heavy/bright eye makeup and want to tone down the lips. 
Nocturnal- is a softened raspberry pink. The color is opaque delivering full coverage. 

Where can you find them?
Available at Sephora and Hourglass website

Nocturnal
Fresco
Fresco
Nocturnal

No comments:

Post a Comment