Upcoming Posts

11/12/2011

My Beauty Secret



         With so many beauty secrets out there, I find it helpful to read the experiences of different people and find out their beauty secrets. My beauty secret is Extra Virgin Olive Oil. For the past three years I have been using Extra Virgin Olive Oil as a makeup remover. Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) has been known to have many benefits for the skin. It can be used as a skin moisturizer, face/body exfoliator, lip exfoliator, makeup remover, nail and cuticle care and also as a hair treatment.
         What I love about using EVOO as a makeup remover is that it truly removes all traces of face makeup. That being said, I do not use it as an eye makeup remover. I used to use it for my eyes and face, but overtime I have realized that I needed to be very careful when removing eye makeup. If I got the product in my eyes, it stung a bit and made my vision blurry. Therefore, I decided to use makeup remover that is specifically made for eyes. So now you may be wondering how this oil acts as a makeup remover. The easiest way I can explain is as follows; we may all know that oil and water do not mix. If I were to use a simple cleanser and water to wash my face, my makeup wouldn’t be completely removed. This is because most makeup products are created using oils which are made to stick to the skin. Based on that fact, we need oil in order to remove oil from the skin. After I remove the makeup I follow with my daily cleanser. 
         Since using EVOO as a makeup remover, my skin texture has improved a lot. I used to break out on my cheeks but now my skin has become much clearer and smoother. 

What is your Beauty Secret?

1 comment:

  1. I would eat that not put it on my face lol :) that's really interesting and good to know ;) ... it's healthy .... btw, here is my blog you might need to visit it

    http://thewhisperofpapers.blogspot.com/

    regards, good post .....

    ReplyDelete